Fritz pointed out that it has been a long time since he got to blog. And, in reviewing his old posts, he realized he forgot one topic in his, “Fritz’s top 10 management tips” so he would like to make it 11. As you may recall, I walk Fritz every morning and get to watch Fritz manage his business and for the record, in his business I am strictly support staff. See if these apply to your business!
1. If you find something interesting, stick your whole face in to really investigate it. Sometimes you will be unhappy with what gets on your nose, but more often it is something fascinating!
2. Dream big – some day you really might catch the bunny if you just stick to it and believe you can.
3. Leave your mark in many places (I know, this is gross but go with me) – Â the more people who know you were there the better!
4. Â Move quickly and decisively. Don’t dilly dally around.
5. If you come to a decision point, consult those you need to and make a quick decision. Even if you don’t get to go the way you want, moving forward is better than standing still.
6. Following the same course on a regular basis is fine but periodically, change it up! Going out of your comfort zone may yield new things to experience (see #1).
7. If there is something new on your route, it is important to notice, investigate (again, see #1) and know what it is about. Knowing your market is key.
8. If someone new comes along, greet them as a friend first. Offer to play, be nice, show you are a good guy. You never know what they have to offer.
9. If someone else is walking as well, be sure you keep up. Getting left behind isn’t fun – and you may have to drag your cohorts with you to do it.
10. Always clean up your messes. It isn’t right to leave them and they may end up in someone else’s space which is not being a good neighbor.